Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Weigh-in

I got a new fancy digital scale today. It measures body fat, body water, muscle mass, and bone mineral mass. I don't think I need all these fancy measurements but I can't help myself! Whenever I am faced with a decision to buy one of x products I apply a complicated mathematical formula that involves integrating a function of x from 0 to infinity. The typical result of this calculation is the product of highest price. It's just how my brain works ('If it's expensive it's got to be good').

So I weighed myself and to my shock I have gained weight. It's not that I have been following a strict diet (I haven't figured out a plan yet,) but I have been monitoring my portions and making some wiser choices (with the exception of my emotional breakdown today).
My only theory is that my previous scale was way off (I can't locate it in the household to make a determination.)

So with the arrival of a brand new scale I think it's only fair to call this day Zero and disregard my 7 pound gain.

Here are the stats:

Weight: 265.0 lb
Body fat: 44.8%
Body water: 39.4%  (According to the user's manual I am not dehydrated, Yay!)
Muscle mass: 64.5 lb 
Bone mass: 9.0 lb  (I am still not positive what this is exactly)

Thats it! Thanks for reading my imaginary followers :)
I am completely okay with being the only person who ever reads these posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment